Friday, December 5, 2008

The Elf on our Shelf

I am a huge fan of traditions. I think they are what tie families together...and what would Christmas be without tradtions? This has got to be my all time new favorite one and I just had to share it with you. Anyone who has kids or who is hoping for some...just needs to get in on this. Isn't he the cutest little vintage elf you have ever seen? He is also one fabulous incentive for the kids to listen to their mommies and daddies. Yes!!

All day, during the month of December, he sits on a shelf, plant, ledge, etc. in your home watching the children. Then when they are asleep he flies off to Santa to report on their behavior for the day. The next morning when the children wake up, the little elf has found a new place for himself. (This may be the hardest part for moms and dads). I can't tell you how many times I have forgotten to move him and have woken up in the middle of the night or early in the morning, to go sneak him from his spot to a new one! :) Oops! I haven't been caught yet, luckily.

My little guy loves to go searching for his Elf every morning though. Sometimes he thinks that he hasn't come back yet and then I'll hear him holler from downstairs, while I'm trying to get those last 2 min. of sleep, "I found him! He's in the shower. That's silly." It seriously is the best game of hide and seek.

He comes complete with this little storage box and a book that tells all about him. It even has a place for you to name him. Finn named him Ropie Kopie Bla. Hillarious right? I think he thinks everyone needs to have 3 names....but we call him after his middle name, Kopie for short. Finn absolutely adores him. I'm quite curious though if he will ever start to dislike him for being Santa's spy. We'll see. :) Anyone who wants to purchase one, can go here. Merry Christmas and Happy family tradtions!

No comments:

Post a Comment